Radar Design + Simulation Engineer (Full Time) - Somerville, MA
Send resumes with the job you are applying for in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WaveSense is radically accelerating the arrival of self-driving vehicles by tackling some of the most challenging problems that stand in the way of safe and reliable navigation.
Every road in the world has a unique subsurface signature. WaveSense uses ground penetrating radar developed for military use at MIT Lincoln Laboratory to create a map of those subsurface signatures from which self-driving cars can navigate. Vehicles using WaveSense are unaffected by common but challenging road conditions like snow, heavy rain, fog, or poor lane markings.
WaveSense is venture-backed, growing quickly, and building an awesome team that wants to help transform the future of mobility and work on some of the hardest and most important problems. If that sounds like you, please drop us a line.
As a Radar Design and Simulation Engineer, you will focus on developing UWB ground penetrating radar systems for autonomous vehicle lanekeeping. You’ll be responsible for modifying and adapting existing designs to improve performance through simulation, analysis, and testing. This role has a strong antenna design component.
WHO YOU ARE + WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Further develop, design, and refine the WaveSense GPR.
- You’re comfortable thinking about the big picture and the small details. You enjoy making design and architecture decisions.
- Rapidly prototype to test and discard hypotheses.
- Enjoy working with small, high output teams in a fast paced startup environment.
- A “get-it-done” person. You know that done is better than perfect and are energized by constantly delivering and moving things forward.
- Knowledge of GPR array/antenna design, radar architecture, radio frequency (RF) signal processing.
Experience designing radar transceivers.
Applied experience, including testing of ground penetrating radar and antenna designs.
5 years or more experience in GPR antenna design or related field.
Fluent in CST/Ansys or similar simulation tools, Matlab, C++.
NICE TO HAVE
- PhD or Masters in related field or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Working knowledge of regulatory standard testing and compliance.